Liquid Vitamin D3/K2 provides a daily dose of vitamin D3 and K2 in an easy-to-use liquid form. A growing body of research shows that the combination of these two vitamins provides powerful support to the body, including optimal bone health, arterial health and immune system balance.
Vitamin D3/K2 helps support:
- Immune system function*
- Bone growth and density*
- Health of many tissues in the body, including prostate, colon and breast *
- Cardiovascular health
- Blood sugar balance*
- Healthy mood, mental clarity and productivity*
Why use Liquid Vitamin D3/K2?
Vitamin D is a critical nutrient for optimal health. It plays many crucial roles, including balancing mood, keeping bones healthy, and regulating immune function — and about half us are vitamin D-deficient.
It is important to supplement with vitamin K2 when supplementing with vitamin D: Vitamin D3, vitamin K2, and calcium work together to maintain strong, healthy bones. Vitamin D3 maintains healthy levels of calcium in the blood and increases calcium absorption from the digestive tract; we now know that vitamin K2 works in concert with vitamin D3 to keep calcium in bones and out of soft tissues like the heart, joints, and kidneys.
Know your vitamin D level!
Vitamin D can be easily and accurately measured in the blood. Ask for a 25-Hydroxyvitamin D test next time you are due for blood work. The minimum level is 25-35, but for optimal health, we recommend a level of 50 to 100.
How can I get enough Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is best obtained through time spent outside in the sun, as our bodies can naturally create vitamin D from sun exposure. However, at most latitudes, and with most our time spent indoors, plus the effects of environmental pollution on the availability of UVB light, it can be nearly impossible to obtain enough vitamin D from the sun alone. Supplementation of vitamin D is often beneficial.
Benefits of Vitamin D
- Supports bone health: When calcium levels are low, Vitamin D stimulates calcium absorption and reduces calcium excretion, thereby encouraging the maintenance of healthy bones. We now know that vitamin K2 works synergistically with vitamin D3 to keep calcium in bones and out of soft tissues like the heart, joints, and kidneys.
- Supports the brain and nervous system: Adequate Vitamin D is important for brain health and studies have shown positive associations between adequate serum vitamin D levels and cognitive performance.
- Supports the immune system: Vitamin D may help protect the lungs from infection due to the stimulation of proteins in white blood cells and the respiratory tract. A healthy vitamin D level keeps us from getting sick, lowers our risk of developing autoimmune conditions, and is thought to help prevent certain cancers.
- Improves athletic performance: Studies have shown that vitamin D supplementation can help increase aerobic capacity (endurance), muscle growth, strength, and power production.
- Improves body composition: Vitamin D insufficiency is associated with obesity and vitamin D supplementation has been shown to assist in weight loss.
D3: The Active Form of Vitamin D
Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol) is found in some plant foods and is completely inactive in our bodies. Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is produced in the skin under the effects of ultraviolet radiation (sunlight) - this is the active form that our body utilizes in order to carry out many important metabolic processes.
Benefits of Vitamin K2
Vitamin K2 supports bone health, helps protects against cardiovascular disease, and helps protect the skin, brain, and prostate. Vitamin K2 is included in our Liquid Vitamin D3/K2 formula because we now understand that it works in delicate synergy with vitamin D.
- Supports bone health: Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin necessary for the production of proteins required for bone metabolism. It also helps transport calcium throughout the body and works in synergy with vitamin D to maintain optimal bone density.
A Japanese study found superior bone health among women who frequently consumed natto - the richest dietary form of MK-7 vitamin K2 - compared to those who do not consume natto.
- Supports heart health and blood sugar balance: Vitamin K2 plays an important role in cardiovascular health and healthy blood sugar balance. Research has shown that adequate vitamin K2 levels are associated with optimal cardiovascular health markers. Vitamin K has also shown to support blood sugar metabolism.
- Immune modulation: New research suggests vitamin K plays an important role in balancing the immune system. In the Framingham Offspring Study, one of the longest performed studies on generational health, higher blood levels of vitamins D and K were linked with stronger immune function and a balanced inflammatory response.
MK-7: The Most Beneficial Form of Vitamin K
Vitamin K occurs in 3 main forms: K1 (phylloquinone), derived primarily from green leafy vegetables, K2 (menaquinone) which comes from bacteria, and K3 (menadione), a synthetic version that is not recommended. Numerous studies have shown that vitamin K2 is the most bioavailable and bioactive form.
Additionally, there are two forms of vitamin K2 commonly used in supplements: MK-4 and MK-7.
Why is it best to use the MK-7 version of vitamin K2?
Studies have demonstrated that the menaquinone-7 (MK-7) version of vitamin K2 is the most bioavailable form of vitamin K2, requiring a much lower dose to provide benefits than less bioavailable forms like MK-4. This is in part due to the fact that MK-4 has a biological half-life of about one hour, compared with a half-life of about 72 hours for MK-7. MK-7 therefore stays in the blood longer, allowing blood levels to build over time with consistent supplementation.
Who might benefit from taking Vitamin D3/K2?
- Anyone who needs support for bone growth and density
- Anyone looking to support their immune system
- Those who do not get enough sun exposure
- Anyone who may not eat many vitamin-D foods sources, like duck eggs, sardines, mackerel, and beef liver
- Those who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet
- Athletes and physically active individuals
How to take Liquid Vitamin D3/K2
Take 1 or more drops of Vitamin D3/K2 per day, as directed by your healthcare provider. It can be taken directly on the tongue or mixed with the beverage of your choice.
Optimal vitamin D3 supplementation dosage depends on the individual and is best determined by your physician based on blood results. Common dosing for vitamin D3 is 1000 iu daily (1 drop of Liquid Vitamin D3/K2), but if a person is very deficient, we may recommend 5000 iu daily or higher. Consult your physician before supplementing with vitamin D.
Interesting findings about vitamin D:
Other ingredients: Medium Chain Triglycerides, Rosemary Antioxidant Extract. Fish Gelatin, Water
Does not contain: milk, dairy, egg, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, soy, wheat and gluten
Contains ingredient from fish source
Rely on Daily Benefit’s 100% satisfaction guarantee
We want you to be fully satisfied with every item you purchase from DailyBenefit.com. If you are not completely satisfied with an item you’ve purchased, you may return the item within 60 days from the order date for a full refund of the purchase price, minus shipping and handling*. The item must be returned, unused or used, in good condition, in original boxes (whenever possible), and with all paperwork and accessories to ensure full credit. Daily Benefit, Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any return that does not comply with these requirements.
Make a Return By Mail:
Send your purchase and receipt to our Returns Department. For returns via mail, you must carefully package the product, you are responsible for the cost of return shipping, and we must physically receive the return within the 60 day period.
Daily Nutritionals, Inc.
Attention: Terence Jones
461 Park Avenue South, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Make a Return to the Daily Benefit retail store:
Bring your purchase and receipt to the Daily Benefit retail store and receive a refund to original form of tender. Refunds for unopened items will be issued via your original form of payment.
Still have questions?
Our professional staff is ready to help you.
Please call Customer Service at 1 (212) 989-9828 extension 4, Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST, Friday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM EST
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Dr. Morrison and The Morrison Center
Dr. Morrison created Daily Benefit as an extension of his New York-based practice, The Morrison Center, for the purpose of sharing reliable information about health and wellness with patients, friends and the public. A nutritional approach to healing is the central mantra for both The Morrison Center and Daily Benefit, which operates under the core truth that the body has an innate ability to heal and detoxify itself, given the right conditions.
Sure, DailyBenefit.com is a great place to buy top quality dietary supplements, vetted by leading medical health professionals. But Daily Benefit is more than just an online store. It's a destination for health and wellness information that has the potential to transform your health and your life!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.