Reacted Selenium by Ortho Molecular Products provides 200 mcg per serving of selenium, formulated using the amino acid chelate form of selenium (selenium glycinate) for enhanced absorption, optimal utilization and gastrointestinal (GI) comfort.*
Maintaining optimal selenium levels helps support a positive mood, improves antioxidant status, and maintains normal inflammatory balance and heart health.*
Selenium is a trace mineral and part of more than 20 proteins that play critical roles in supporting:
Reacted Selenium is formulated to optimize bioavailability. It employs the superior amino acid chelate form, selenium glycinate complex, which has a high level of stability. This helps it avoid food and other minerals that compete for absorption in the digestive tract. The stability allows for enhanced absorption in the digestive tract.*
Selenium and the Thyroid
Selenium concentration is higher in the thyroid gland than in any other organ in the body. Selenium, like iodine, has a significant supporting role in thyroid hormone synthesis and metabolism.
Epidemiological evidence supporting a relationship between selenium levels and thyroid gland function includes an analysis of data on 1,900 participants in the SU.VI.MAX study indicating an inverse relationship between serum selenium concentrations and thyroid health.(9)
A cross-sectional study in 805 adults in Denmark with mild iodine deficiency also found a significant inverse association between serum selenium concentration and thyroid volume in women.(10)
Directions: 1 or more capsules per day or as recommended by your health care professional
1. Sunde RA. Selenium. In: Ross AC, Caballero B, Cousins RJ, Tucker KL, Ziegler TR, eds. Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. 11th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2012:225-37.
2. Sunde RA. Selenium. In: Bowman B, Russell R, eds. Present Knowledge in Nutrition. 9th ed. Washington, DC: International Life Sciences Institute; 2006:480-97.
3. Terry EN, Diamond AM. Selenium. In: Erdman JW, Macdonald IA, Zeisel SH, eds. Present Knowledge in Nutrition. 10th ed. Washington, DC: Wiley-Blackwell;
4. Institute of Medicine, Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium, and Carotenoids. National Academy Press, Washington, DC, 2000.
5. Rayman MP. Selenium and human health. Lancet 2012;379:1256-68.
6. Akbaraly TN, Hininger-Favier I, Carriere I, Arnaud J, Gourlet V, Roussel AM, et al. Plasma selenium over time and cognitive decline in the elderly. Epidemiology
7. Shahar A, Patel KV, Semba RD, Bandinelli S, Shahar DR, Ferrucci L, et al. Plasma selenium is positively related to performance in neurological tasks assessing coordination and motor speed. Mov Disord 2010;25:1909-15.
8. Kesse-Guyot E, Fezeu L, Jeandel C, Ferry M, Andreeva V, Amieva H, et al. French adults’ cognitive performance after daily supplementation with antioxidant vitamins and minerals at nutritional doses: a post hoc analysis of the Supplementation in Vitamins and Mineral Antioxidants (SU.VI.MAX) trial. Am J Clin Nutr 2011;94:892-9.
9. Derumeaux H, Valeix P, Castetbon K, Bensimon M, Boutron-Ruault MC, Arnaud J, Hercberg S. Association of selenium with thyroid volume and echostructure in 35- to 60-year-old French adults. Eur J Endocrinol
10. Rasmussen LB, Schomburg L, Kohrle J, Pedersen IB, Hollenbach B, Hog A, et al. Selenium status, thyroid volume, and multiple nodule formation in an area with mild iodine deficiency. Eur J Endocrinol 2011;164:585-90.
We want you to be fully satisfied with every item you purchase from DailyBenefit.com. If you are not completely satisfied with an item you’ve purchased, you may return the item within 60 days from the order date for a full refund of the purchase price, minus shipping and handling*. The item must be returned, unused or used, in good condition, in original boxes (whenever possible), and with all paperwork and accessories to ensure full credit. Daily Benefit, Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any return that does not comply with these requirements.
Make a Return By Mail:
Send your purchase and receipt to our Returns Department. For returns via mail, you must carefully package the product, you are responsible for the cost of return shipping, and we must physically receive the return within the 60 day period.
Daily Nutritionals, Inc.
Attention: Terence Jones
461 Park Avenue South, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Make a Return to the Daily Benefit retail store:
Bring your purchase and receipt to the Daily Benefit retail store and receive a refund to original form of tender. Refunds for unopened items will be issued via your original form of payment.
Still have questions?
Our professional staff is ready to help you.
Please call Customer Service at 1 (212) 989-9828 extension 4, Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST, Friday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM EST
Or email us at email@example.com
About Dr. Morrison and The Morrison Center
Dr. Morrison created Daily Benefit as an extension of his New York-based practice, The Morrison Center, for the purpose of sharing reliable information about health and wellness with patients, friends and the public. A nutritional approach to healing is the central mantra for both The Morrison Center and Daily Benefit, which operates under the core truth that the body has an innate ability to heal and detoxify itself, given the right conditions.
Sure, DailyBenefit.com is a great place to buy top quality dietary supplements, vetted by leading medical health professionals. But Daily Benefit is more than just an online store. It's a destination for health and wellness information that has the potential to transform your health and your life!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat or cure any disease.