Spring is slowly approaching, but it seems like the cold and flu season is holding on for dear life! With that in mind, we're showing what you can do if you're feeling under the weather, whether you think you may be coming down with something or you're actually fighting an infection. Check out our nutritionists' newest video below:
Some of our favorite natural remedes include:
- Thymex by Standard Process can only be purchased through health professionals so make sure you come see us! Thymex helps to support your thymus gland, an organ behind the sternum that helps to keep your immune system active and fighting infections.
- N.A.C. (N-Acetyl Cysteine) is a natural decongestant that can help cut through mucus, including nasal congestion. We recommend taking 1-2 capsules twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Argentyn 23 Silver Hydrosol Nasal Spray is a special preparation of silver hydrosol, which acts as a powerful antimicrobial. We recommend it to help keep nasal airways open and clear: 1-2 sprays in each nostril 2-3 times daily.
- Andrographis Complex by Mediherb is an herb that supports your immune system when you're feeling under the weather. Our nutritionists take it prophylactically through cold and flu season and increase their dosage if they do get sick. This is another supplement you can only get through health professionals so make sure to come see us!
- Catskill Mountains Raw Bee Propolis Tincture is a great anti-bacterial, anti-viral that we recommend taking at the first sign of a sore throat, 1-2 dropperfuls twice daily.
If you're on the edge of being sick, here are some of our favorite products to help you stay healthy:
- Buffered Vitamin C is one of our favorite go-to supplements for immune support. We recommend taking 1,000mg every hour until symptoms improve.
- Viru-Chord by Energetix is designed to help the body fight viruses. We recommend one dropperful twice daily.
- Daily Flora Immune Probiotic Capsules is a probiotic with a strain of bacteria that has been shown to prevent upper respiratory infections. We recommend taking 1 capsule daily.
Wishing you a happy and healthy transition into spring!
- Dr.Morrison & The Morrison Center
To book a nutrition session with either Stephanie or Robin, give us a call at (212) 989-9828 ext. 1