The lights may shine brightly on Broadway, but come March 4, all eyes will be on Hollywood and film’s biggest stars as they sashay down the red carpet at the Academy Awards ceremony. Some tune in for the love of film, while some watch for the fashion, but one thing is clear: these stars are GLOWING! That glow is the inspiration for our latest blog about all the things you can do to get that celebrity-level Oscar glow.
We can all be tough on our bodies from time to time. Lack of sleep, hectic travel schedules, and foods we know we should avoid can get the better of us and that can show up on your skin. We call these “glow dimmers,” and they include:
- Milk and dairy products
- Poor and inadequate sleep
Never fear, the list of “glow boosters” is vast. And because beauty comes from the inside out, here are some foods and habits to get you glowing in no time!
- Water, water, and more water. It’s the single biggest boost for the skin. ‘Nuf said.
- Optimal sleep. Same.
- Stress reduction, even if all you can manage is a few minutes a day of deep breathing.
- Sauna — 10 minutes of sweating is magic for improving complexion and hydrating the skin with improved circulation.
- Plant-heavy, balanced diet, including:
Carotenoids, a phytonutrient found in orange and dark green leafy vegetables, like carrots, sweet potato, kale and collard greens
Antioxidants protect your entire body and are found in all brightly coloured fruits and vegetables, especially berries, watercress, dark chocolate, pecans, artichoke and cilantro
Healthy fats, like the kind found in avocado, pumpkin seeds and low contaminant fatty fish
Green tea, a drink full of antioxidants
Certain dietary supplements can help keep skin looking radiant, including:
Hair & Nail Benefit
Daily Collagen Powder
You can replicate Oscar's Sunday Smoothie Ritual by combining the ingredients below
- 1-2 scoops of Daily Benefit Protein Powder or your favorite plant-based protein powder
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup organic berries
- 1 handful of organic baby spinach
- 1 cup of brewed green tea
- 1 scoop collagen protein (optional)
Add water to desired consistency and blend
Wishing you a bright future,
The Morrison Center