Did you know, in addition to a full range of integrative medicine services, that The Morrison Center has a team of highly skilled nutritionist-health coaches ready to help you improve your daily habits and achieve your health goals?
While we’re all in a phase of transition with the current crisis, we know many of you are at home, preparing more of your own food, and having to grocery shop more mindfully. Not to mention becoming more aware than ever of our exercise and stress management habits. While these uncertain times may move some of us toward anxiety and coping strategies like emotional eating, we can help you channel that energy in a positive direction: this can be a time of radical self care. And if you’d like some guidance toward that end, we would love to support you.
Here are just some ways that our nutrition team can help you remotely, whether by phone or video chat:
- Provide guidance on foods to buy and how to prepare them for easy, optimal health
- Help you navigate the best options when grocery items may be temporarily limited
- Source healthy delivery options for you and your family
- Give suggestions for at-home exercise routines that fit your goals, abilities, and preferences
- Provide stress management and mindfulness techniques — like breathing and EFT/Tapping — to help you stay grounded
- Provide supplement recommendations to support your immune system and more
- Advise on pantry clean-outs and optimization
- And, perhaps most importantly, serve as someone to hold you accountable when you might feel tempted to make choices out of fear and worry
While we certainly don’t need to pressure ourselves to “make the most” of this time at home, if you’re interested in using it as an opportunity to make some healthy changes, we’re here for you.
To schedule a meeting with one of our nutritionists, current patients of The Morrison Center can send an appointment request via the patient portal. For new inquiries, please call our office number 212-989-9828, option #2 and leave a message — our office manager Onica Moore will reach out to you!
Robin is a registered dietitian nutritionist specializing in Integrative Medicine, Functional Medicine and holistic healing modalities. She helps her clients address complicated conditions and return to wellness.
Stephanie is a Holistic Nutrition Consultant and Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner with a passion for helping her clients fulfill their potential through both emotional and physical optimization.