Because some messages beg repeating, we’ve got more to say about the immune-boosting benefits of certain supplements and how to use them. Echinacea and Andrographis are standouts that been used for centuries for their immune-supportive benefits.
- ECHINACEA PREMIUM -
Echinacea is one of the most commonly used herbs to prevent and treat the common cold. Echinacea extract has been shown to:
- Prevent viral colds (the most common kind)
- Shorten the duration and severity of colds and upper respiratory infections
- Reduce symptoms of colds and flu, including sore throat, cough, and runny nose
- Reduce the inflammation caused by the immune system fighting viruses
How to use it:
Echinacea can be used prophylactically to prevent viral cold infections by taking 1 tablet three times daily and can be used at a higher dose of 2 tablets three times daily at the first sign of cold or flu symptoms until symptoms resolve.
- ANDROGRAPHIS COMPLEX -
Called the “King of Bitters,” Andrographis is another commonly used herb for colds, flu, coughs, fevers and other symptoms of respiratory infections.
Andrographis has been shown to:
- Have antiviral activity against influenza A virus
- Shorten the duration of cold symptoms and speed recovery time
- Alleviate or even prevent common upper respiratory tract symptoms, including fatigue, fever, headache, cough, sore throat and earaches
How to use it:
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat or cure any disease.
These products are only available to patients of The Morrison Center, so be sure to come see us!
WE’VE GOT YOUR BACK
This guide was written by Dr. Morrison and the health and nutrition experts at The Morrison Center. Our team is dedicated to helping you achieve optimal health through the treatment and prevention of disease.
Dr. Jeffrey Morrison is an award-winning medical doctor, a leader in the field of Integrative Medicine, and champion of a nutritional approach to healthcare
Robin is a registered dietitian nutritionist specializing in Integrative Medicine, Functional Medicine and holistic healing modalities. She helps her clients address complicated conditions and return to wellness.
Stephanie is a Holistic Nutrition Consultant and Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner with a passion for helping her clients fulfill their potential through both emotional and physical optimization.