Get ready to upgrade your vegetable game! These Sesame Zucchini Noodles are a delicious, easy side dish to throw together without having to turn the stove on. Feel free to add in shredded chicken, shrimp, or a protein of choice to make this dish more substantial.
Don’t want to spiralize your own noodles? You can get pre-packaged spiralized zucchini in the produce aisle of most grocery stores. If you don’t have a spiralizer and you can’t find pre-packaged spiralized zucchini, simply cut the zucchini and cucumber into thin matchsticks. This recipe will also work well with spiralized celery root, carrots, summer squash, or even kelp noodles.
- 2 lbs zucchini
- ⅓ cup tahini*
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 tsp grated fresh garlic
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Pinch of red pepper flakes*
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
*If you’re currently on the detox, leave out these ingredients. Without the tahini, it will be a much lighter take on the dish. However, the coconut aminos, fish sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic will still provide tons of flavor!
- Place zucchini noodles on a kitchen towel to get out any excess moisture.
- Meanwhile, mix together the tahini, grated ginger, grated garlic, coconut aminos, toasted sesame oil and fish sauce.
- Combine the sauce with the zucchini noodles and top with sesame seeds, scallions and red pepper flakes.