Daily Collagen is formulated to nutritionally support cartilage, tendon, ligament, fascia and skin.* The main active ingredients in Daily Collagen — FORTIGEL®, TendoActive® and Mobilee® — help protect and preserve cartilage, tendons, ligaments, intervertebral discs, and fascia.*
Over our lifetime, normal activities can cause natural wear and tear on our connective tissue — our cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and skin. This can lead to external signs like wrinkles, and to internal issues like joint pain.
Did you know there are many different components that contribute to healthy connective tissue, including different types of collagen? They all play different supporting roles to keep your skin, bones, tendons, and ligaments healthy and strong.
Type I Collagen is the most abundant collagen in the human body. Adult tendons, ligaments and fascia are comprised mainly of type I collagen molecules organized into structural units. The way they’re organized plays an important role in determining their ability to endure mechanical force and their ability to self-repair.
Type II Collagen plays a key role in cartilage elasticity, and supports tendon, ligament and joint integrity. It’s the basis for hyaline cartilage that sits between bones in joints (articular cartilage). The breakdown of articular cartilage results in osteoarthritis.
Aggrecan is a major compound in cartilage that is able to form bonds with hyaluronic acid. It provides intervertebral discs and cartilage with the ability to resist compression. Aggrecan concentration in the intervertebral discs peaks in our twenties, and declines thereafter, causing discs to get stiffer and less resilient with age.
Hyaluronic Acid, often found in beauty serums to help give skin a more youthful appearance, actually plays an important role in our internal connective tissue. It is responsible for the elasticity and lubrication of connective tissue, including the synovial fluid that keeps joints moving smoothly
Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), aka mucopolysaccharides are long molecules that attract water, thereby acting as a lubricant or shock-absorber in the body. They work with aggrecans to protect intervertebral discs by producing swelling pressure that counters compressive loads on tissue.
Chondrocytes are the cells that secrete and form our cartilage matrix.
The star of the show, FORTIGEL®, is backed by more than fifteen studies. Here’s why we love it:
One randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial involving Harvard Medical School and Tufts Medical Center demonstrated the efficacy of FORTIGEL®.
30 participants were given collagen hydrolysate daily over 48 weeks
Daily imaging showed hyaline cartilage and proteoglycan content in the participants’ knees at baseline, 24 weeks, and 48 weeks
The FORTIGEL® group had significant improvement as shown in imaging
This suggests that FORTIGEL® has the potential to stimulate an effective connective tissue-building response, supporting both aggrecan (an important component of cartilage) synthesis and type II collagen (7)*
At Penn State University, 147 athletes took FORTIGEL® for 24 weeks. The results of the study found FORTIGEL® to support normal joint mobility and joint health.(5)
A clinical trial of 160 subjects established an effective dose of 5 g for joint health support.(4)
A patented formula rich in hyaluronic acid, collagen, and glycosaminoglycans. Why we love it:
While collagen provides much of the structure and strength of our tendons and ligaments, mucopolysaccharides are the “glue” that holds them together and allows them to stretch, flex, bend, and maintain their resilience.* Specifically, they help us:
1 scoop (7.6 grams) in 8 oz of water or beverage of your choice per day or as recommended by your health care professional. Can also be added to food and baking products.
We love adding Daily Collagen to our morning Daily Benefit Shakes!
Does not contain:
Gluten, yeast, artificial colors or flavors.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before taking this product.
1. Oral administration of (14)C labeled gelatin hydrolysate leads to an accumulation of radioactivity in cartilage of mice (C57/BL).
2. Stimulation of type II collagen biosynthesis and secretion in bovine chondrocytes cultured with degraded collagen.
3. Role of collagen hydrolysate in bone and joint disease.
4. Collagen hydrolysate improves joint function in adults with mild symptoms of osteoarthritis of the knee.
5. Long-term use of collagen hydrolysate as a nutritional supplement in athletes with activity-related joint pain.
6. Changes in knee osteoarthritis cartilage detected by delayed gadolinium enhanced magnetic resonance imaging following treatment with collagen hydrolysate: a pilot randomized controlled trial.
7. Specific collagen peptides benefit the biosynthesis of matrix molecules of tendons and ligaments.
8. Comparative efficacy of IB0004, extracted hyaluronic acid (HA) and fermented HA on the synthesis of endogenous HA by human synoviocytes.
9. Torrent A, Ruhí R, Martínez C, et al. Anti-inflammatory activity and absorption of a natural rooster comb extract.
10. Oral administration of a natural extract rich in hyaluronic acid for the treatment of knee OA with synovitis: a retrospective cohort study.
11. Efficacy of oral administration of yoghurt supplemented with a preparation containing hyaluronic acid (Mobilee™) in adults with mild joint discomfort: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled intervention study.
12. Blood cells transcriptomics as source of potential biomarkers of articular health improvement: effects of oral intake of a rooster combs extract rich in hyaluronic acid.
13. Anti-inflammatory and anti-catabolic effects of TENDOACTIVE® on human tenocytes in vitro.
14. Collagen synthesis in tenocytes, ligament cells and chondrocytes exposed to a combination of glucosamine HCl and chondroitin sulfate.
15. EFFECTIVENESS OF TREATMENT OF TENDINITIS AND PLANTAR FASCIITIS BY TENDOACTIVE™.
16. The efficacy and safety of oral mucopolysaccharide, type I collagen and vitamin C treatment in tendinopathy patients.
17. A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of A Dietary Supplement Containing Mucopolysaccharides, Collagen Type I and Vitamin C for Management of Different Tendinopathies.
18. Oral intake of specific bioactive collagen peptides reduces skin wrinkles and increases dermal matrix synthesis.
We want you to be fully satisfied with every item you purchase from DailyBenefit.com. If you are not completely satisfied with an item you’ve purchased, you may return the item within 60 days from the order date for a full refund of the purchase price, minus shipping and handling*. The item must be returned, unused or used, in good condition, in original boxes (whenever possible), and with all paperwork and accessories to ensure full credit. Daily Benefit, Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any return that does not comply with these requirements.
Make a Return By Mail:
Send your purchase and receipt to our Returns Department. For returns via mail, you must carefully package the product, you are responsible for the cost of return shipping, and we must physically receive the return within the 60 day period.
Daily Nutritionals, Inc.
Attention: Terence Jones
461 Park Avenue South, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Make a Return to the Daily Benefit retail store:
Bring your purchase and receipt to the Daily Benefit retail store and receive a refund to original form of tender. Refunds for unopened items will be issued via your original form of payment.
Still have questions?
Our professional staff is ready to help you.
Please call Customer Service at 1 (212) 989-9828 extension 4, Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST, Friday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM EST
Or email us at email@example.com
About Dr. Morrison and The Morrison Center
Dr. Morrison created Daily Benefit as an extension of his New York-based practice, The Morrison Center, for the purpose of sharing reliable information about health and wellness with patients, friends and the public. A nutritional approach to healing is the central mantra for both The Morrison Center and Daily Benefit, which operates under the core truth that the body has an innate ability to heal and detoxify itself, given the right conditions.
Sure, DailyBenefit.com is a great place to buy top quality dietary supplements, vetted by leading medical health professionals. But Daily Benefit is more than just an online store. It's a destination for health and wellness information that has the potential to transform your health and your life!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat or cure any disease.