Benezyme is a comprehensive, vegan digestive enzyme formula providing support for the digestion of carbohydrate, protein, and fat, as well as fiber and lactose.
You may have heard the phrase “you are what you eat”, but it would be more accurate to say that “you are what you digest and absorb.” Even with a healthy diet, there are many factors and stressors in our modern lives that can interfere with optimal digestion: psychological stress, eating on the go, and a number of other factors can compromise digestive function, depleting our nutrient levels.
Plant-based enzymes such as those found in Benezyme can assist in the breakdown, absorption and use of food in the body, allowing us to get the most benefit out of our food.
- Helps breakdown carbohydrates found in legumes that can be difficult to digest and are sometimes associated with gas and bloating
- Supports the digestion of fibers and proteins found in fruits and vegetables
- Improves nutrient absorption by aiding in the breakdown of compounds found in grains and seeds
Benezyme contains support for digesting carbohydrates, proteins, and fats:
- Carbohydrate-digesting enzymes: Amylase, amyloglucosidase, cellulase, hemicellulase, beta-glucanase, invertase, lactase, pectinase, xylanase,
- Protein-digesting enzymes: Acid stable protease, alpha-galactosidase, bromelain, papain, peptidase, protease
- Fat-digesting enzymes: Lipase
Why use Benezyme?
Benezyme is suitable for:
- Those who need support breaking down specific food components such as fruit, vegetables, dairy, legumes, wheat, and other high-fiber foods
- Anyone who consumes moderate amounts of cooked foods in their diet as the enzyme content decreases during cooking
- Those who have digestive difficulties, especially with raw plant foods
- Anyone who wants to maximize digestion and nutrient absorption
How to take Benezyme:
Take 1-2 capsules with each meal/snack, or use as directed by your healthcare practitioner. If necessary, capsules may be opened and contents sprinkled over food. Children and pregnant or lactating women should consult their healthcare physician prior to use. Do not use if tamper seal is damaged.
- Protein digestion: Papain is extracted from the papaya fruit and helps break down protein, supporting optimal digestion. Proper protein digestion and absorption is fundamental for building and repairing tissue, including muscle recovery and healthy hair, skin and nails. Protein also forms crucial neurotransmitters (brain chemicals), hormones and enzymes.
- Glucoamylase helps break down starch that occurs naturally in most vegetables and complex carbohydrate such as potatoes, corn, rice, and wheat.
- Alphagalactosidase helps digest foods that are sometimes difficult to digest and cause gas and bloating, such as beans and cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts) and other foods that are high in carbohydrates. When alphagalactosidase efficiently breaks down carbohydrates, it deprives bacteria in our gut of toxic, gas-producing fuel.
- Amylase is one of the primary starch digesting enzymes that is produced in the pancreas and in the mouth as a component of saliva. In the mouth, amylase begins the digestion of starches by reducing complex starches into simpler sugars.
- All plants are surrounded by a complex wall, called cellulose but humans do not produce the enzyme cellulase needed to digest this type of fiber. If we eat a lot of healthy greens, herbs, and sprouts, we want to make sure that we can digest them and make all nutrients in the foods available to the body. Taking supplemental cellulase will support optimal digestion and utilization of the nutrient-rich vegetables in our diet.
- Pectinase, along with cellulase and hemicellulase helps with the digestion of plant-based foods. Pectin is the type of fiber that makes up the walls of fruits and vegetables. Pectinase helps to make these cell walls weaker, and therefore soft and edible.
- Beta-glucanase is a group of carbohydrate-digesting enzymes that help break down beta-glucans. Beta-glucans are indigestible fiber present in vegetables, cereal bran, and certain types of fungi, yeast, and bacteria
- Supports healthy microflora: Beta-glucanase has been found to be helpful in reducing the coating of Candida that can overgrow in the digestive tract. People suffering from an overgrowth of the candida fungus (Candidiasis) may therefore benefit from taking beta-glucanase.
- Most plant seeds and grains contain anti-nutrients such as phytate, which inhibit the absorption of important nutrients present in these food. Minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc are bound in phytate and can be liberated by phytase thereby boosting mineral absorption and bioavailability.
- Invertase is a carbohydrate-digesting enzyme that splits sucrose (normal table sugar) into glucose and fructose so that it can be used as a fuel source by the body.
- Lipase is an important enzyme for the breakdown of fats into smaller molecules that can be used by the body.
- Aids in fat digestion and weight control: Lipase increases our ability to digest fat and to mobilize fat stores in the body, thereby supporting weight loss.*
- Lactase is the enzyme that breaks down milk sugar (lactose) and assists in the digestion of dairy products such as milk, cheese, and ice cream.
- Supports digestive health: Lactase has been shown to be an effective support for digestive imbalances and can be an effective aid in the treatment of lactose intolerance
Acid Stable Protease
- Acid Stable Protease helps break down proteins under acid conditions such as in the stomach where protein digestion begins.
- Xylanase is needed for the digestion of vegetables, specifically for the breakdown of the fiber hemicellulose. By breaking down hemicellulose in the digestive tract, xylanase helps the body to liberate nutrients from high-fiber vegetables, thereby reducing gas or digestive discomfort that is sometimes associated with fibrous vegetables, legumes and grains.
- Hemicellulase is needed to break down hemicellulose which is found in fiber-rich components such as vegetables, legumes and grains. Like cellulase and xylanase, this enzyme cannot be produced by the human body, which is why supplementation may be beneficial, especially as we age.
Rely on Daily Benefit’s 100% satisfaction guarantee
We want you to be fully satisfied with every item you purchase from DailyBenefit.com. If you are not completely satisfied with an item you’ve purchased, you may return the item within 60 days from the order date for a full refund of the purchase price, minus shipping and handling*. The item must be returned, unused or used, in good condition, in original boxes (whenever possible), and with all paperwork and accessories to ensure full credit. Daily Benefit, Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any return that does not comply with these requirements.
Make a Return By Mail:
Send your purchase and receipt to our Returns Department. For returns via mail, you must carefully package the product, you are responsible for the cost of return shipping, and we must physically receive the return within the 60 day period.
Daily Nutritionals, Inc.
Attention: Terence Jones
461 Park Avenue South, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Make a Return to the Daily Benefit retail store:
Bring your purchase and receipt to the Daily Benefit retail store and receive a refund to original form of tender. Refunds for unopened items will be issued via your original form of payment.
Still have questions?
Our professional staff is ready to help you.
Please call Customer Service at 1 (212) 989-9828 extension 4, Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Friday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM EST
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Dr. Morrison and The Morrison Center
Dr. Morrison created Daily Benefit as an extension of his New York-based practice, The Morrison Center, for the purpose of sharing reliable information about health and wellness with patients, friends and the public. A nutritional approach to healing is the central mantra for both The Morrison Center and Daily Benefit, which operates under the core truth that the body has an innate ability to heal and detoxify itself, given the right conditions.
Sure, DailyBenefit.com is a great place to buy top quality dietary supplements, vetted by leading medical health professionals. But Daily Benefit is more than just an online store. It's a destination for health and wellness information that has the potential to transform your health and your life!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat or cure any disease.