Chios Gum Mastic (also known as Mastiha) is the resinous material obtained from the Pistacia lentiscus tree, grown on the island of Chios in Greece, where it has traditionally been used as a healthy food for the gastrointestinal tract.*
Authentic Chios mastiha provided by the Chios Mastiha Growers Association (CMGA).
Contains: 120 capsules
Mastic gum (also known as mastiha) is resinous extract from the Pistacia lentiscus var. chia tree, indigenous to the Mediterranean islands. The mastic tree thrives especially well in the southern part of the island of Chios, due to the mild climate and characteristics of the soil. Recently, the traditional knowledge of Chios mastiha production was recognized as an Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. The plant has a unique lemony balsam-like smell, which can permeate the air of the ‘Mastichochoria’, the villages on Chios that produce mastic gum. Mastiha is used as a flavoring for many products in Greece ranging from chewing gum to digestifs, found at nearly every neighborhood restaurant and corner store. The use of Chios mastiha as a digestive dates back to Hippocrates in the 5th century BCE, and has carried through the ages.
• Supports a healthy microbial balance in the gastrointestinal tract, including the oral cavity and stomach*
• Helps reduce digestive discomfort*
• Promotes health of gastrointestinal mucosa in upper and lower digestive tract*
• Supports normal, healthy metabolism of glucose and cholesterol and blood pressure within normal ranges*
• Increases antioxidant potential and reduces cholesterol oxidation*
Suggested use: As a dietary supplement, 1 or 2 capsules two or three times daily between meals, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat or cure any disease.