Zucchini, also known as courgette, is a nutrient-dense vegetable that is low in calories but high in several important vitamins and minerals.
It is an excellent source of vitamin C, which is important for immune function and skin health, as well as potassium, which plays a crucial role in regulating blood pressure and heart function. Zucchini is also rich in fiber, which can aid in digestion and promote feelings of fullness, making it a great choice for weight management. Additionally, zucchini contains antioxidants which can help protect against age-related vision loss.
The recipe of Sautéed Zucchini is not only detox friendly, but also easy to make. Fun fact: do you know that zucchini is defined as fruit botanically?
- 2 medium sized zucchini, yellow or green, sliced into coin size
- 1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1-2 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, dry or fresh
- Italian parsley for garnishing [optional]
- Slice zucchini in 1/2-inch slices, like coins
- Chop onion and garlic cloves
- Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a fry pan or skillet over medium heat
- Put chopped onion and garlic, stir it for about 1 minute (add dry oregano here if use dry oregano)
- Put sliced zucchini and stir it about 5 minutes or until golden brownish
- Add salt (add fresh oregano here if use fresh oregano)
- [Optional] Garnish with Italian parsley
Tips: Using dry or fresh oregano at different points during the cooking process brings its best flavor and health benefits.